Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

“These are a few of my favorite things……”

 

sound_of_music_blu

As a child I have vivid memories of watching The Sound Of Music with my brother and cousins. The song that comes to my mind is  “these are a few of my favorite things.” That being said, I am going to borrow this lyric to start my post.

One afternoon Bean and I went to our local Babies “R” Us to pickup diapers and saw two women, one who was pregnant, searching the aisles, with ,what I would describe as,  a deer in headlights look. What specifically caught my attention was watching them attempt to decipher the differences between the entire, I mean ENTIRE, wall of bottles. I thought to myself, not that I am an expert, I remember those days confused about what to buy and what I REALLY needed.

This motivated me to begin putting together a list. While this list is a work in progress, and will grow as Bean gets older, “these are a few of my favorite things.” I will continue to update it and will make a page on htothe3 for it. This list doesn’t include EVERY little item (for example-choose towels and washcloths that you like) , but ones I found most useful. I have also added items that friends of mine have mentioned that the could not live without.

Health, Happiness, Hamstrings readers, if you have products you would like to add or suggest please email me at htothe3@gmail.com.  I am a firm believer that we learn our best tricks from other parents, therefore please join in the conversation.

I have also included the two lists I found helpful with essentials for the hospital and nursery. Both are from Ariana who blogs over at Becoming Mom. Her blog is one I read frequently and I found these two lists extremely informative.

So moms/moms-to-be and of course dads/dads-to-be: I hope you find this helpful and can add to a few of my favorite things.


The Ultimate Hospital Bag List  compliments of Becoming Mom: Please note, I based my own hospital list off hers, but unlike Ariana I had a C-section.  I adjusted the list accordingly.

Another one from Ariana at Becoming Mom that I really liked .Like she says......Babies need a lot of stuff.

“These are a few of my favorite things……” (although the list will continue to grow):

Dr. Brown's Bottles (You don’t have to get the infant gift set. The size I have linked is a size you are going to use anyways so you might as well get the most out of it.)

Dr. Brown’s Preemie Nipples (Word of caution: I used the preemie nipples with Bean. The flow of the level one nipples, which come with the bottles, ended up being too fast for her. This was a lifesaver for me.)

Boppy Pillow (Used for nursing and propping up Bean)

MAM Pacifiers

Gerber Thermal Blanket (I used for swaddling)

PeaPod™ Plus Travel Bed in Red by KidCo

Goodnight Moon

Stay-Dry™ Bath Apron & Towel – Neutral

Bath Luve™ Green Frog and Buddy

Happiest Baby on the Block

Halo Swaddling Sacks

Halo Sleep Slacks

ERGObaby® Sport Baby Carrier & Accessories

Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat

City Mini Stroller

City Mini Car Seat Adapter for Chicco

JJcole Infant Bundle Me

JJcole Toddler Bundle Me

Baby Trend Snap n Go

Dexa Baby Sound Machine

Summer Infant Monitor

Medela Pump In Style

Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair

Aveeno

Munchkin Mighty Grip Trainer Cups (first transition cup from bottle)

Playtex Trainer Sipster Trainer (transitioned to these after Munchkin cups)

Munchkin Snack Catcher

Munchkin Spoons (started with these)

Munchkin Bowls (started with these)

Tommee Tippee mat & bowls (moved to these)

Gerber Safety Spoon & Fork (moved to these)


Here is a start…….Stay tuned for more. Now I think it is time for bed.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...