Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Think I Can Do That……..Fingers Crossed

 

Here are four things you don’t know about me:

1234

  1. I wish I was more crafty and a DYIer (if that is a word).
  2. I am jealous of people who have a crafty thumb.
  3. I dabbled in scrapbooking to keep me busy while Mr. Man was in graduate school.
  4. I have a LOVING  TOLERANT father who is willing to do projects with his daughter, no matter what she has in store for him to “help” her with. (Since I didn’t have all the tools I had to recruit a partner in crime.)

That being said, take a look at this:

It isn’t completely obvious from the picture, but this is a DYI magnetic chalkboard. When I took one look at this I was in TOTAL awe. To me, it was SIMPLY beautiful. If you haven’t already clicked on the picture, I highly suggest you visit her tutorial. Julie, of Less-Than-Perfect Life of Bliss did an amazing job figuring out why AND how to solve the problem, discussed in the blog world,  of combining chalkboard and magnetic paint. After reading her tutorial I was motivated to give it a tray.

Since I have been searching for something that would allow me to keep notes, for example a grocery list, and display Bean’s “artwork” this was the perfect solution. I also knew I had the prefect place:

project

I am planning on removing the two pictures and either move them  to another location or put them away for another use.

Supplies have been purchased. My Dad has been recruited. We are well on our way.

Stay tuned for the final product. I also have some other projects planned that I am excited about. These include a wreath for our front door, one for Bean’s room, and maybe another for our bedroom. I also saw a project that will make an appearance on Health, Happiness, Hamstrings. Here is a sneak peek:

My plan is the change based on the season. On that note, goodnight my blog readers!!!!!

~Lauren

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...