Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sometimes a Good Workout is ALL You Need

While I didn't start the morning on a high note, sleeping through my alarm when I was supposed to meet Jen for a run, I did finish the morning off strong with a nice booty kick from Neil. It is amazing how sometimes a really good workout is all you need to start the day on a better note.


After the workout I made Carrot and Granny Smith Apple juice for myself. Mr. Man and Bean joined in on the vitamin action finishing every last sip of my con caution. Bean couldn't get enough of her juice, which was music to my ears. After the juice I was off and busy until lunch. Today was a salad with raw spinach, chicken breast from last night, goat cheese crumbles, cucumbers from Aunt Lori's garden, and finally peppers (finished the bag). On the side I had three figs that Bean and I picked up at the grocery store yesterday.


Dinner was another grilled chicken breast from last night. Since Mr. Man had started his business I no longer have the luxury of a grill master. That being said, before the summer started I made sure he gave me a crash course. It was my turn to take a shot at it. Thought I would start off with something simple.......Purdue Perfect Portion Chicken in the Italian style. On the side I made roasted eggplant.


This is the method I use to make roasted eggplant. The end result is perfectly moist, yet crunchy veggies:


1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Cut eggplant (my choice these days are Italian eggplant) into 1/2 inch slices
3. Coat eggplant slices in EVOO
4. Add seasonings of your choice (tonight I did fresh garlic and sea salt)
5. Back ten minutes on each side.





I also made Naptime Chef's Roasted Tomatoes with Parmesan & Herbs. You can access the recipe here. And dinner was served, but not without a nice glass of red wine.




Good night blog friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...