Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

77kids Wish-4-Snow and Thanksgiving Event on Health, Happiness, Hamstrings

Good evening Health, Happiness, Hamstrings readers. I hope you had a nice weekend and are looking forward to Thanksgiving. With that in mind, I wanted to make an announcement that Health, Happiness, Hamstrings will be having a Thanksgiving event on Thanksgiving day. Stay tuned on Thanksgiving to see what is coming.


Also, don't forget to enter the 77kids Wish-4-Snow $50 Gift Card giveaway. This is a wonderful cause and will help to support a hospital in my backyard: Children's Health and Wellness Center at Danbury Hospital. I was so proud to be part of this initiative and ask your support to reach the 100,000 digital snowflake goal.

I will now leave you with my version of Cavatelli and Broccoli. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. Even Bean is a fan.

"Protein" Punched Cavatelli and Broccoli

Ingredients:
1 box frozen chopped broccoli
1 pound sausage ( I used sweet chicken breast sausage)
1 onion chopped
2 TBS olive oil
Garlic powder to taste
Red pepper flakes to taste
8 oz chicken broth (I used organic low sodium)
Dried or frozen cavatelli (I used 1 bag frozen ricotta cavatelli)
Parmesan cheese (Use as much as you like)


Put frozen broccoli in microwave safe container and microwave until thawed. Using a dish towel or paper towel soak up water. In skillet warm up olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft then add sausage and cook until no longer pink. Then add broccoli, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and combine. At this point add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover slightly and cook until the sauce combines and thickens.

While the sauce is cooking prepare cavatelli according to directions.

When the sauce combines and thickens add the cooked cavatelli. Mix together. Add Parmesan cheese and stir. Garnish with more parm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...