Now onto an amazing charity initiative had the pleasure to participate in this week through 77kids. This wonderful cause directly benefits the Children's Health and Wellness Center at Danbury Hospital. With Bean, Naptime Chef, and her daughter we decorated snowflakes, viewed the Holiday Magical Window (which you can see part of it above), and hung out with other bloggers--all in order to raise awareness for the Wish-4-Snow charity program. By visiting the Wish-4-Snow website site you can play the "catch the snowflake" game and most importantly, make your very own digital snowflake. By making a snowflake, and encouraging your friends and family to make one of their own, we will help 77kids reach their goal of 100,000 snowflakes. Once this goal is reached, $25,000 will be donated to the Children's Health and Wellness Center. Other hospitals that will benefit from this include:
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Children's Regional Hospital at Cooper
- University Hospital (Cherry Hill/Philadelphia)
- Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital (Syracuse)
- WakeMed Children's Hospital (Raleigh)
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center (Hartford)
- Children' Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
Also, since I am so fortunate to have a 77kids in my backyard, at the Danbury Fair Mall, donations of 77 cents (or more!) can be made to the Wellness Center when making holiday purchases. Jenna and my own snowflake is hanging in the store.
As a way of thanking you for your commitment in helping them with their mission 77kids has donated a $50 gift certificate to one lucky Health, Happiness, Hamstrings reader. Since this is a new blog I have decided to do the giveaway over at Mahopac News. Kelsey, the Naptime Chef, is also giving a 77kids gift card away on her blog so if you haven't visited her yet, now is a great time.
To be entered please follow these steps:
1) Visit Wishes-4-Snow and design a digital snowflake
2) Follow 77kids on Facebook
3) For an extra entry follow 77kids on Twitter and tweet why you love their store using the hashtag #77kids
4) Since we have a 77kids in our background we have given you one more opportunity to win the gift card. You can go to the store and take a picture of Jenna and my snowflake and post it on the Mahopac News Facebook page.
5) Contest runs November 20th at 12am ET through Saturday November 27th at 11:59 pm.
Disclaimer: I was compensated to attend this program by 77kids and The Motherhood