In November, Bean and I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a charity initiative with both 77kids and TheMotherhood called Wish-4-Snow. Which is a cause that directly benefits local hospitals including one in a neighboring town to where we live.
At the 77kids store, located at the Danbury Fair Mall, we decorated snowflakes, viewed the Holiday Magical Window (which you can see part of above), and hung out with other bloggers--all in order to raise awareness for the Wish-4-Snow charity program. By visiting the Wish-4-Snow website site you can play the "catch the snowflake" game and most importantly, make your VERY OWN digital snowflake. By making a snowflake, and encouraging your friends and family to do the same, we will help 77kids reach their goal of 100,000 snowflakes. Once this goal is met, $25,000 will donated, to the Children's Health and Wellness Center at Danbury Hospital. Other hospitals that will benefit from similar initiatives throughout the country include:
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Children's Regional Hospital at Cooper
- University Hospital (Cherry Hill/Philadelphia)
- Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital (Syracuse)
- WakeMed Children's Hospital (Raleigh)
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center (Hartford)
- Children' Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
For those of you who have a 77kids store nearby, you can check the store locator by clicking here, you can also donate 77 cents when making holiday purchases to a participating hospital.
That being said, as a way of thanking you for your commitment in helping them with their mission 77kids has donated a $50 gift card to one lucky Health, Happiness, Hamstrings reader.
To be entered please follow these steps:
1) Visit Wishes-4-Snow and design a digital snowflake
2) Follow 77kids on Facebook
3) For an extra entry follow 77kids on Twitter and tweet why you love their store using the hashtag #77kids
4) Contest runs until Wednesday, December 15th at 11:59 pm ET
Disclaimer: I was compensated to attend this program by 77kids and The Motherhood