Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Spice French Toast: Warming One Toddler’s Tummy After a VERY “Crumby” 24 Hours

 

L1010831

“Parenthood = She has 105 fever and YOU have to figure out what is next” ~htothe3 tweet on 12/6/10
The statement above not only describes the last 24 hours, but defines the crash course I had in parenthood. Poor little Bean, after a fever peaking at 105 and a diagnosis of early pneumonia, as always, she was a trooper. My little blond hair, blue eyed girl whimpered her way through the process, holding onto me like a security blanket. They listened to her lungs, checked her ears, and then took x-rays. Through it all she amazed me.

In the end it was Mr. Man who gave me the compliment. One that will last me through this episode. He told me that: his most memorable part of the day [referring to today] was when the three of us were lying in bed and she [Bean] had her head on my chest as I was stroking her hair. He said that that it brought him back to his days a child remembering how his mom used to take care of him when he was sick. To him that was what defined one as a wonderful mother. Today to him I was a wonderful mother.
While many might run to Chicken Soup to warm a toddler’s tummy when they are sick I had no chicken soup. I ran to the next best thing----French Toast. Here is the recipe I used to warm my toddler’s tummy when she needed protein, but deserved something just as sweet as her.
Health, Happiness, Hamstrings readers do you have any special recipes you make your family members or friends when they are sick? Please share.
L1010836

Pumpkin Pie Spice French Toast
(one toddler size portion/mommy snack)
Ingredients
2 piece potato bread
2 organic large egg
1 TBS sugar
2 TBS organic whole milk
Sprinkle of pumpkin pie to taste
Vanilla to taste
Ground cinnamon to taste
Butter ( enough to fry in)
Directions
1) Mix egg and add spices, sugar and milk
2) Add bread and let the egg mixture soak in turning a couple times
3) Preheat skillet and add butter
4) Fry bread on both sides
5) Enjoy
L1010829L1010830L1010831L1010836

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...