Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

She’s Back!!!!!!!!!!

L1010935

Good afternoon Health, Happiness, Hamstrings readers. If you are doing a double take, confirming you are at the right site, I promise you are Smile. Htoth3 is going through some design changes, so bear with me through the adjustments. It is all for some exciting things happening in 2011.

Now that I have gotten this out of the way, today is the LAST day to enter the 77kids $50 gift card giveaway. A winner will be chosen tomorrow morning so check your Facebook or blogger accounts to see if you are the lucky one. Just a reminder, you can enter win by:

1) Following 77kids on Facebook

2) Following 77kids on Twitter and tweet why you love their store using the hashtag #77kids

You can visit my post on the Wish-4-Snow 77kids charity event here to get more details on the event.

After all the craziness from last week: rushing bean to the doctor (instead of the ER) with 105 fever, a diagnosis of pneumonia, a rash that could have been an allergic reaction to the antibiotic or rosiolla (I guess medicine isn’t an exact science), it is safe to say Mr. Man, Bean and I are all in one piece. If not one piece, we are in a better place then last week. We finally have our cheerful, witty, playful toddler with a VERY strong personality. While I didn’t miss her “attitude” (I am in trouble!!! She isn’t even 2.) she is back:

L1010908L1010917

Since my little lady is in full force, keeping me on my toes I decided to make a family favorite. This easy weeknight meal has been adopted as a regular in my in-laws as well as sister-in-law’s house. My sister-in-law has even coaxed her husband, Mr. Man’s brother, home from work to promise to have this on the table when he got home. It is one from Catherine McCord of weelicious her Moroccan Chicken.

The thing I like best about this recipe is that the ingredients are staples in my kitchen. So, when I do my weekly shopping I just make sure I replace the tomatoes and garbanzo beans when I make the dish so I know have them on hand for next time. The only ingredient you do have to obviously plan on is the chicken. One thing I do want to note, for some reason I never see chopped tomatoes in my local grocery store so I use diced tomatoes instead.

By the way…….this is Bean’s FAVORITE meal. Smile

Don’t believe me: just ask her Francia.Winking smile

 

Health, Happiness, Hamstrings Makes Moroccan Chicken.

 

Moroccan Chicken (Serves 4)- - -  from weelicious

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, sliced thin
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tsp Salt
1 15 Oz Can Chopped Tomatoes
1 Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Lb Chicken Thighs, skinless

1. In a large saute pan heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Saute the onions for 5 minutes or until translucent.
3. Add the spices and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
4. Add the garbanzo beans and chicken to the sauce mixture and stir to coat.
5. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...