Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cloud Nine

In my opinion, people use the term “cloud nine” loosely when referring to experiences. Nevertheless, if I say so myself, there is truly no other words to describe the day I had with my family. Last Monday, Martin Luther King’s Day, Bean and I spent some wonderful quality time with my father and brother. My mother then joined in the festivities.

L1020461

I could write an entire essay on our day, since it has been imprinted in mine as one to never forget, but I will not bore you on ALL the details.  Mom, Dad and Brian, if you happen to be reading this, thank you for the most wonderful day. I adored watching you with Bean. The relationship the three of you are developing with her, that is separate from the relationship you have with me, is such a gift. It gives me such pleasure seeing her eyes light up when you guys walk in the room.

Here are the highlights from our amazing day. It even includes a milestone: buying Bean her first big girl snow boots.

L1020457Lunch with Uncle Brian and Poppy

 

My first big girl snow boots L1020505

 

 

L1020449~Playing spoons with Poppy and Brian

 

~I was the center of attention (as always) L1020462

 

L1020447~Cooked with Nanni

 

Ate a HUMUNGOUS chocolate chip cookie and got it ALL over the while carpeting (those who know my parents I found this hysterical and Mr. Man got quite a kick out of it).  L1020494

 

L1020500

 

 

To say the least, at the end of the day she was exhausted and so was I, but we had a ball!

         ~ Literally.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

The description of your day reminds me so much of when my kids were little. It doesn't change all that much once they get bigger ... there were still new boots this winter and sometimes I get help with dinner. Loving your blog Lauren!

Lauren said...

Patrice.....You JUST made my night. Thank you for the smile after a LONG day stuck inside because of THE WEATHER. I am SO glad you are enjoying the blog. My best to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...