Welcome to Health, Happiness, Hamstrings!

I am so thrilled that you are here.

I invite you to become a subscriber of Htothe3 via my RSS feed or connect with me through twitter or facebook.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Taste No Pain

As mentioned in my Hello World post, for over 30 years I have dealt with GI issues. The ONLY time I wasn't in a constant battle with my GI tract was when I was pregnant with Bean. While I did have morning sickness, during pregnancy I really didn't struggle with any other issues (at least when it comes to my stomach). Fast forward postpartum.....they came back.

When completing Nancy DiCioccio of Putnam County Boot Camp, she counsels you on nutrition. BUT, as she puts it, "there is no 'one size fits all' approach to food/diet. You need to experiment and find what works for you and YOUR body." That being said one of my issues is the amount of acid in my system. After speaking to her about this issue she suggested trying out the concept of Food Combining.

Food Combining stresses the importance of not mixing carbohydrate rich foods with protein rich foods in one meal. This allows your body to digest food in a more "comfortable" manner. Many people following a Raw Food based diet follow these principles as well. The plan the was suggested to me by Nancy is Great Taste No Pain by Sherry Brescia.

Starting mid August I am going to test out the Great Taste No Pain plan and report my findings.

So, anybody going to join me on this adventure? If so, please comment and indicate when you will be taking the plunge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...