As mentioned in last week’s The Simple Woman’s Daybook post and in my New Year’s Resolutions post I joined Booking iT in 2011. Booking iT is a virtual book club hosted by Jessica who blogs at Life As Mom. What is so unique about this book club, besides the fact that it is online, is the flexibility of the program. Unlike traditional book clubs, where you are typically required to read a predetermined list of books, this club has two tracks. In track one, the books are picked for you and track two, you create your own unique list. If you are interested in participating and want more specific information you can access it through the handbook.
My selections includes books from both tracks one and some of my own (track two). The list is as follows (please note: due to family commitments I have already stated Mansfield Park and plan to link up in March):
- March 10 – Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (Track 1)
- April 10 – Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois (Track 1 –this isn’t something I would have normally picked, but a subject interests me.)
- May 10 – Finding Your Purpose as a Mom: How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground by Donna Otto (Track 1)
- June 10 – The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown (Track 2)
- July 10 - A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg (Track 2 – Got the recommendation from on one of my favorite bloggers who is participating in Booking iT Nicole from gidget goes home) ~~~Happy 6th Anniversary Mr. Man ~~~~
- August 10 – The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Track 1- My Mother-In –Law loved this book)
- September 10 – Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tsh Oxenreider (Track 1- Simple Living Media founder's book)
- October 10 – Not Your Mother’s Casseroles by Faith Durand (Track 1 – will hopefully see some of these recipes in my kitchen. Can’t wait for some new recipes to try.)
- November 10 – The Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin (Track 1- I follow her blog)
- December 10 – Goodbye Lemon by Adam Davies (Track 2 – Read his first book The Frog King many years ago and liked it. Trying his second book. He had written.)
Hope you will be joining this book club with me!!!!!!!!!!!